2/2/12

Living Room Mood Board

Well, we are moving along s...l...o...w...l...y with the living room updates.  Hopefully we'll be able to make some headway this weekend.  Although Dominic has a fever today so we'll see how it goes.  It still has a way to go, but we're getting closer.  And, I love the changes so far!  It just feels so soothing, so calm, and so sophisticated.  It's what I had been craving.  And, when better to update the attitude of a room than in the new year?


I had fun making this mood board in GIMP.  It is a free program similar to Photoshop.  I didn't think it was as easy to use as Photoshop, but it was free, so what can I say?!   


Here are the details:
  • Wall color = Sherwin Williams Dorian Gray
  • Sofa = Pottery Barn
  • Chair = Target
  • Mirror = Target
  • Ottoman = Target

So there you have it.  I love the mix of gray and gold with a little pop of navy.  The silver accents don't hurt either.  I love the sparkle they add.  The dark wood grounds everything.  This mix is sophisticated yet fun.  I kind of see this like an outfit... a basic gray dress with some nautical navy and yellow.  Maybe in the form of a belt, headband, or cardi.  The silver is the jewelry in the form of bangles and earrings.  The wood is the shoes.  In my head, I see them as peep-toe wedges (so cute, right?!)

Have you made any new year-new room changes?  I'd love to see your great ideas.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you! Leave a friendly comment or question...

Montrose & Mound. Powered by Blogger.

Followers

© Montrose & Mound, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena