2/28/12

Spring is here (kinda)

True to my word, I have spent some time this morning sanding woodwork.  Uggh.  I just don't like it!  And I didn't even get much done.  Oh well, I did get some of it done and I'll get back to it after Dominic is up from his nap and we play outside on this beautiful day.  I still can't believe it's sunny and in the 50's in Ohio in February.  I miss the snow, but I'll definitely take blue skies and sunshine!

What does Dominic do while I work?  It varies, but it usually involves him drawing in the wet paint, climbing on something he shouldn't, or pulling every last thing out of my wallet.  It can be frustrating, but as long as he is entertained and safe, I don't mind.  Too much.  I think it's good for him to be exposed to work so that he appreciates what goes into making a house a home.  I also hope it helps to instill a good work ethic.

This morning, he did something all by himself for the first time... he pulled himself on the bench behind the couch, pulled himself up the back of the couch, flipped over, and then rolled off the couch, and ran around.  And did it again.  And again.  And again.  Imagine constant giggling the entire time too.  I tried to get a picture, but it's hard to capture a little maniac running as fast as his little legs can carry him, laughing all the while.  

He also reached into his winter accessories bin (that sounds a little girly, so let's call it his winter gear) and pulled out a hat and one mitten.  He couldn't quite get them on himself, so I stopped to help him.  



Because it feels like spring and because March is only days away, I've been inspired to add touches of spring to my decor.  I started at TJ Maxx.  Check out what I found:

 Plate $2.99
 Basket to corral some of Dominic's larger toys $9.99
 Lamp - Clearance $20.00!
  Apothecary Jar w/ bird detail on top $12.99

I also visited (virtually, of course) Pier 1 for some spring decor ideas.  They seem to do spring really well.  Take their cue to add pops of color to your home to mimic the pops of color sprouting up outside from the flowers, budding trees, and colorful birds.
 
Bring the outdoors in with a natural touch with the Pier 1 Flower Petal Placemat $3.96
 
Add a pop of color with the Teal Honeycomb Lamp $39.99
Carry the color through and add great lines with this patterned Liliana Chair $379.95


Keep track of time with this Antiqued Ivory Wall Clock $129.95

Brighten up any space with these Metallic Vases $49.95 & $59.95.  Just add flowers.
Tie the colors together with this cute Green Flowers Pillow $19.96


Corral your junk treasures with this natural Palm Leaf Basket $49.95
Reflect that beautiful spring sunshine with this Pearl & Gold Round Mirror $129.95.


Anyone else have the urge to bring on spring?  I must confess, I've started my spring cleaning, minus the cleaning part!  i.e. - organizing closets.  Drawers are up next... Yeah, I know I have other things I need to do, but I get so much satisfaction knowing that everything has a place.  Happy early spring!

Note - I have not been compensated for writing about Pier 1.  In fact, they have no idea who I am.  Of course, if they would like to get to know me, I'm happy to oblige!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you! Leave a friendly comment or question...

Montrose & Mound. Powered by Blogger.

Followers

© Montrose & Mound, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena