4/9/12

Easter: A Week in Pictures

Hey there!  How was your Easter?  Ours was wonderful!  I decided to take it easy in the days leading up to Easter and just relax.  Of course, that didn't really happen!  Dominic and I had fun and enjoyed ourselves, but I also spent time doing homework and fake cleaning.  Yep, you read that right!  I guess I wasn't in the mood to actually clean, so I would start... put in a load of laundry, unload the dishwasher, pick up toys... and then find something that "required my attention" instead.  Come on, you know what I'm talking about!  Pinterest, other awesome blogs, reading, playing with Dominic...

Just so you don't think I spent all my time slacking, I did get a few things done around here!  I don't have pictures to show you yet, but I will soon.  Number one on my list was homework.  I still have some to do for my class tomorrow evening, but I'm in good shape.  Whew!  Number two (or as Dominic now says, puh as in poo.  potty training, get ready for us!) on my list was making curtains for Dominic's room.  They turned out pretty nice if I do say so myself.  Number three was cleaning.  Ugghh.  I made it through this one!  Too bad it's something that must happen on a regular basis.  I'm fine with picking up toys and putting things away.  It's just that with the dogs and Dominic, everything is either dusty, hairy, or sticky!  When I think about it though, I wouldn't have it any other way!

In picture form, here's what we did...

You may remember that we pulled up the old concrete pavers from the patio and sold them.  We aren't sure what we want to do with the area now, besides adding a fire pit.  I took the bricks that lined the space to "think out" some ideas.  I'm still thinking.  The only parts I like are the path to the stairs and the garden area by the fence.  Any suggestions?!  As you can see, Dominic is no help here.  He spent his time checking out the airplanes in the sky.  Do I see pilot in the future?


 Sophie and Ox enjoyed the nice weather earlier this week too.

Our neighbor gifted us LOTS of cars.  We spent awhile dumping the cars from the bin, sorting them, racing them (vrooom!), throwing them (hmmm, that's not allowed!), and then putting them back in the bin.  Dominic is one lucky boy!  We've been warned that a gigantic bin of Legos is next. :)

Next up, we tried to get a little exercise.  Dominic loooves bike rides.  He actually likes his helmet too.  His seat is attached to Brett's bike so we don't get out as often as we should, but it's always fun when we do.  Can you tell that he isn't too happy with me taking pictures?  He was anxious to hit the road. 

I squeezed in a little mommy play time too!  I'll post about this project soon.  But for now, here are some of my supplies for curtains for Dominic's room.

Since Easter isn't Easter without dyeing eggs, Dominic and I tried our hand at it.  I don't have any pictures of the final product because, to be honest, they didn't turn out beautifully.  (Like I expected!)  They turned out alright...  Dominic enjoyed drawing on the eggs with the crayon and then put all of his into the blue cups.  It was difficult to keep him from slamming the eggs into the cups and from sticking his fingers in each color, but overall I enjoyed it too.
                         

Next year I may try to go modern with a little ombre...

Then it was time to make Oma's cutout cookies.  I can't get enough of these paper thin sugar cookies.  For some reason I only make them at Christmas and Easter.  C & E cookies!  I need to remedy that...  

Can you believe it?  After making these a day ahead of time and taking them to the family party, I still have a few left.  I'll bet you there won't be any left by the morning though!

Speaking of the family party, we had a great time.  We had brunch with my dad, brother, sister, her boyfriend, my step mom, and her three kids, plus my step-sister's boyfriend.  We don't see them very often so it was nice to have a relaxed get together with some quality time.

We then hoofed it over to my aunt's house to celebrate with my mom's family.  I see them more often but it was still great to be with everyone.  The family just keeps growing too!

Here's a picture of the youngest grandchild (she's turning 17!) and all of the great-grand kids.  If you look closely, you'll see the rare appearance of the matron of the family (she'd hate me saying that!) peeking out of the door.  As you can tell, Dominic does NOT want his picture taken.  He was all about finding those eggs! 

Let the hunt begin... Dominic was the youngest in the search so he had his own area.
 Dom taking a little break.  He didn't have a nap and finding eggs is hard work!




I'm impressed that he found all of the eggs!  His attention to detail will serve him well as a pilot!

And finally, a few pictures with Oma.  He wanted everyone to sit on the bench with him so it was difficult to take a good picture.  But I didn't let that stop me from trying!  Me, stubborn?  Never!






Apparently he is is stubborn too.  Who woulda thought?!  I wonder if he gets it from me...

So how was your Easter?  Did you spend time with family?  Relaxing?  Did you get any projects done?

I'll be back soon to share my curtain diy for Dominic's room.  Of course, the project isn't really done.  But, I bet you knew that already, didn't you?!



0 comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you! Leave a friendly comment or question...

Montrose & Mound. Powered by Blogger.

Followers

© Montrose & Mound, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena