5/14/12

Catch Up

We haven't talked in awhile.  Sorry.  It's all my fault.  I've been meaning to at least check in, but it didn't happen.  Thanks for understanding.  I always knew you were awesome!

At least I have some good excuses.  The last few weeks of school demanded most of my time and attention.  I enjoyed both classes but they required a lot of reading.  I am happy to say that my children's literature class confirmed my belief in the importance of reading.  And I discovered many great authors and illustrators.  Dominic also discovered a few new favorites, especially Doreen Cronin (Click, Clack, Quack).  

Other than class, we had several 8 birthdays (including Brett's 30th!), a wedding, and family time.  In between, we've been trying, as usual, to spruce up the house.  I spent some time working on the garden.  I didn't plant anything new except a few wildflower seeds.  Instead, I just moved most of the plants around so that they filled the space better.  I don't have pictures of this, but a few of my favorites were moving the lilies to a narrow bed along our garage.  It looks so much better - almost cottagey.  My favorite move was transplanting a lilac next to our porch stairs.  I can't get enough of its delicious smell.  Now I can smell it as soon as I walk out the door instead of walking across the yard to get a sniff.

Here are a few pictures of my other activities during my "break."

Brett and Dominic flying a kite.  Dominic thought it was really cool for about 2 minutes... until he saw the slide on the playground.  Brett flew the kite for awhile and I even got in on the fun for a little bit.  It's the simple things!  By the way, this was a random cold and windy day.  As you'll see in these pictures the weather has been getting nicer and nicer.


We went to an awesome wedding for Brett's coworker/friend.  Both the bride and groom are super artsy so they created a beautiful setting.  And they both have a great sense of humor.  I wish I took notes on the father-of-the-bride toast.  It was long but sooo funny!  I don't really know either the bride or groom, but it was the most comfortable I've been at a wedding.  You just can't help but to join in the celebration of their happiness.

The ceremony was outside in an old alley between buildings in the Brewery District.  It was cold but very nice.

A decoration inside.  The reception was in a winery.

 

Brett's 30th!  He requested dirt pudding.  It's not my kind of dessert, but he said it was great.  I totally forgot to put in the candles and sing to him before he dug in.  His birthday was on a Thursday.  We went to dinner with his parents on Friday and then out with our friends Saturday.  I wanted to make a huge to-do of his birthday, but he doesn't like all the attention on him.  Still, I think he enjoyed his big day, er, weekend.

My gift to him was a couple pairs of shoes and 30 cards.  The cards were a fun project but I have to admit it took much longer than I thought it would.  And that's with me copying images for most of the cards!  I still love this idea!  


I told you the weather got nicer!  We've had some awesome days lately.  I never would have thought we'd be in the pool the first weeks of May.  Dominic can't get enough of the water.  He asks for the "poo" on warm days.  Honestly, sometimes I'm not sure if he's telling me he pooped or if he wants the pool!  


Love that belly!


That wraps up my little picture wrap-up.  I'll be back soon with a few partially-done makeovers.  Hint, hint... coat closet and Dominic's curtains.  I'm also planning a clubhouse for Dominic.  There are so many decisions!  As soon as I narrow my choices, I'll share my progress with you.

Anyone else been super busy lately?  What's up with all the March/April/May birthdays?!  Don't worry, I'm not complaining!!  I've got 5 more birthdays in the near future.  And my birthday is right around the corner.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you! Leave a friendly comment or question...

Montrose & Mound. Powered by Blogger.

Followers

© Montrose & Mound, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena