10/9/12

My favorite time of year and fall goals

It's fall!  This is by far my favorite time of year.  The change in weather to cooler temperatures along with the leaves changing colors motivates me to make changes as well.

So I'm back!  As I mentioned in my last post, I needed to take some time off to focus on classes and my family.  Now that fall is here, I'm almost ready to come back.  Since we've talked last, there have been big changes in my life that I want to document.  And, I think I'll have the time to actually do it!

First, the biggest news... I'm pregnant!  Baby #2 is a girl and I'm due at the end of January.  We couldn't be more excited.  Dominic seems to understand (at least a little) that there is a baby.  He likes to kiss my stomach and say her name.  But as soon as I think he truly understands, he tells me there is a baby in his belly.  He's doing that less and less though and usually points to my belly when someone asks him about the baby. 

Second, we have decided that I will become a stay-at-home mom beginning in November.  I am excited about this change but a little nervous too.  I'm not one of those people who need constant adult interaction or routine, but I do enjoy having a purpose outside of the house and the challenges that go with it.  My goal is to create more of a routine in our house.  Specifically, my goals are to:

Have meaningful, fun, and educational play with Dominic (and the new baby).

I prefer to play however Dominic chooses so that I don't dictate his interests or imagination.  However, I think we'll need some guided play once he is no longer at the babysitter's.  I think this is especially true with colder weather approaching and the need to stay indoors more often.  Of course, the baby will take some of my attention too, so I am trying to prepare by having dedicated Dominic time.  We also have a few classes and storytimes lined up to get us out of the house and around other kids his age.

Exercise.

Maintain a clean home.

This is pretty self-explanatory.  My house is usually clean, but I typically spend a few intense hours once or twice a week to keep it that way.  The days in-between can be iffy.  To rectify that, I've created a daily cleaning schedule so that I only have to do a couple things a day to maintain the cleanliness.  I'm not sure how it'll work, but I'm willing to give it a shot.

Cook more often.

Blog on a regular basis.

Be creative.  

This is very important to me.  Part of my job is (was) to be creative by designing marketing pieces and copy to accompany them. This has always been an integral part of who I am and I don't want to push it aside when I am focusing mostly on my kids.  I think it's important to continue to develop your skills and passions and for your kids to see it.  I will try to make a conscious effort to be creative - whether it's playing with the kids, working on the house, sketching, or interior design consultations.  Consulting has always intrigued me.  I think it's something I'll now be able to work in here and there.  Let me know if you're interested! 

In addition to my goals, we have been working on some projects around the house that I'm excited to share.  I finally finished Dominic's curtains - and made some other changes to his room!  We also made some changes to the living room and have begun building a playhouse.  Plus, I'll have more to share as we prepare for baby and the holidays.

Speaking of the holidays, my goal this year is to make many of my gifts so that they are personal and meaningful.  I already have most of my ideas.  I just need to get started!  I'll share these projects in upcoming posts.

Sorry for the book... I'm excited to get back into the swing of things!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you! Leave a friendly comment or question...

Montrose & Mound. Powered by Blogger.

Followers

© Montrose & Mound, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena